Michael Angarano - The Official Website

Chat Transcript from December 13th, 2002

KidActors
Welcome everyone to the Live Chat with Michael Angarano! Michael has just joined us, so please start submitting your questions!

Michael Angarano
Hi everyone thanks for being here

KidActors
We're glad you were able to join us tonight, Mike! Lets get started!

Michael Angarano
ok great

Jennifer
Hey Michael when your not acting what do u usually do on your free time and do u have a gf?

Michael Angarano
Well I go to school, play on a soccer team, go to lots of movies-and I kinda have a gf!

Fan
Of all the movies you have played, which one is your favourite?

Michael Angarano
I can't really say cause I tried my hardest in all of them. Its hard for me to judge which one is better than the next

Michael Angarano
If I had to say, I think I had the most fun on Little Secrets

Fan
Your performance in Music of the Heart is very good. Did you learn playing violin before the filming, or have you already know how to play violin?

Michael Angarano
I had no idea how to play to violin! I learned before the movie, 5 days a week training, 3 hours a day

Exequiel
Was Music of the Heart difficult to make, more than the others?

Michael Angarano
Probably a little more difficult cause of the intense training, and the character was also a little different than the others I have played

Ashley
When you were working on the show Will & Grace, how did you prepare for the role?

Michael Angarano
I actually watched a lot of comedies and just concentrated on my timing

Michael Angarano
getting into the comedy mode!

Mr. Critic
Hi, Michael! When can we expect you back on "Will & Grace"?

Michael Angarano
Hey Mr. Critic! I just completed an episode and I believe it will air in January. For all those who have been asking, my appearances on Will and Grace are somewhat less this season due to my availability for film

Michael Angarano
Last season I missed some great film offers because of my W&G commitment

Michael Angarano
So this season we tried to open up my availability a bit

Laur
Do you like working as Elliot on Will and Grace?

Michael Angarano
I love it. I look at it as a great experience no matter how big or small the role

Michael Angarano
The cast is great and I learn a lot from them all

Fan
Can you tell us about the movie "The Dust Factory"?

Michael Angarano
Basically its a coming of age fantasy...it isn't exactly your average kid movie...it's actually a great script with a lot of thought into it.

*Emily*
What has been your favorite character?

Michael Angarano
"Chance" on USA's Cover Me for sure. The character was very wise beyond his years and always ready to take a chance

Scott N.
For the most part, you've played a lot of nice guys - would you ever consider playing a character that's really evil or twisted?

Michael Angarano
Oh yeah, thats probably what i look forward to the most

Michael Angarano
Those characters are really the ones you have to stretch for

Miriam
What's it like to see yourself on the big screen?

Michael Angarano
Well I think when i see myself i pay more attention to my performance and if i am happy with it, then the actual reality that i am really watching myself!

How was it working with David Gallagher? Was it fun?

Michael Angarano
Yea, working with Dave was a lot of fun...he's really just a normal guy, ya know the kind of guy that i would really hang out with outside of movies and everything. So, yea working with him was just like working with one of my friends so it definitely was a lot of fun

Jennifer
If u could remake any movie what would it be and why?

Michael Angarano
That's a good question, I always think about that too...well, there are so many movies that i would want to remake but i think the Godfather parts 1 and 2 tops them all

Michael Angarano
Oh, before i forget i have some good news...

Michael Angarano
Febuary 2nd, 2003 is for now the release date of the much delayed Maniac Magee!

*Emily*
on tv?

Michael Angarano
I really hope thats the official date because i've been waiting a while for this one and i think you all will enjoy it...yea it will be on Nickelodeon

Michael Angarano
It will be funny as well since i'm about 12 in it lol

Meagan
Thats really cool, i've never herd of it (sorry) What is it about?

Michael Angarano
Well, it's based on the book Maniac Magee written by I believe Jerry Spinelli...it is about a boy (who is an orphan) who runs away from home and visits a racially divided town...this is a boy who doesn't see any difference between people, white, black, it doesn't matter to him.

Michael Angarano
but the side part is that he's an unbelievable athlete

Michael Angarano
It was a really great script and i look forward to finally seeing it.

Exequiel
Can you tell us about the movie "Little Secrets"?

Michael Angarano
About the story or the behind the scenes stuff?

Exequiel
About the story

Michael Angarano
Well, it's about this girl Emily played by Evan Rachel Wood and her friendship with this boy Philip (me) and his older brother David Gallagher

Michael Angarano
Philip starts being friends with her then develops a big crush on her..but the problem is that she likes David

Michael Angarano
oh, davids the character name as well

Michael Angarano
and the title comes from Emily's little lemonade-like secret keeper business...the neighborhood kids come in and tell her a secret and its her job to conceal the evidence and not tell anyone

Michael Angarano
but the moral of the story is that you really shouldn't keep secrets from anyone if you want a true relationship with them

Jackie
What is it like to work with actors as TALENTED as Sean Hayes and Megan Mulally and what is your relationship with them like?

Michael Angarano
I see it as such an amazing experience and something I'll never forget...both Megan and Sean are sooooo talented its mind-boggling, i am constantly learning something from them everyday

Michael Angarano
the relationship with both of them is the same one i have with my friends

Michael Angarano
i can tell them anything and we can just really talk and ya know, be close

Mr. Critic
What was it like to have Rosie O'Donnell as your sitcom mom?

Michael Angarano
Yea, having Rosie as my mom is also something kind of hard to believe, I mean she's somebody you really hope to kind of meet once in your life...and she was great, she was extremely nice to me and very personable and thats something I will definitely not forget.

Miriam
Hey Michael! So how'd you start out acting? Did you start with plays, workshops, or what?

Michael Angarano
I actually started as a Ford Model in New York...I did that for about 6 to 8 months then i started commercials then soap operas then shows, and it all just kinda took off from there

Hayden
Would you want to direct, produce, or do anything else in showbusiness?

Michael Angarano
Definitely yes, I could see myself in a few years (maybe sooner than i think just sitting down and writing a script and really work on it than one say direct it)

Michael Angarano
It's a dream of mine to write and direct my own movie

Michael Angarano
And direct other movies as well of course

KLeAn BLuE
With the holiday coming soon, I bet everybody wants to know: what do you want for Christmas?

Michael Angarano
lol well for christmas this year i think i want an acoustic guitar so i can always practice..some clothes and some video games...really the normal kind of things

simon
you going to normal school or home schooling

Michael Angarano
I go to normal school

Michael Angarano
a regular high school out in l.a.

Angel
do u ever get mobbed?

Michael Angarano
umm i can't say i get mobbed anywhere but some people come up to me from time to time lol

Mike Spicuzza
Is there anything you hate about acting? If so, what?

Michael Angarano
No there really isn't, people ask me that a lot but i mean the traveling is rough and being away from family is really hard but i'm doing what i love and i feel truly blessed that i can do that so young in my life...

Michael Angarano
So, no there isn't anything i hate or not like

Some1
If you got a chance to star on a T.V show, what one would you choose?

Michael Angarano
On one that is already on?

Some1
yea

Michael Angarano
I think I would want to star on the Sopranos

Michael Angarano
the writing on it seems good and it would probably be a of fun finally being able to act Italian!

Angel
What are your siblings like?

Michael Angarano
well i have a 3 year old brother Andrew, an 11 year old sister Erica, and an 18 year old sister Kristen

Caitlin
i want to be an actress do you have any advice for me?

Michael Angarano
yea, really make sure you want to do it because it really is a huge commitment and it will take a lot out of you, but if you truly love it you keep going, no matter what...always follow your heart and don't give up because then they got the best of you...and always be yourself and be natural

Jennifer
If u could make 3 wishes what would they be?

Michael Angarano
1. no more war...2. to see the outcome of my life and if i accomplishes my goals...3. to be happy

Michael Angarano
lol a little bit of a stretch from war to my life

KLeAn BLuE
So what's in store for you next, Michael?

Michael Angarano
Well, i am going to continue with will and grace and now you will be able to see me in Maniac Magee...and right now im going to take a nice christmas break and come back and see what happens

KidActors
Hey everyone, our chat with Michael has now come to a close. KidActors would like to thank everyone for coming to chat with him this evening, and we hope you've had a great time! Also, thank you Michael for being able to come talk with us! We hope you'll come back again soon!

Michael Angarano
Ok everyone thank you so much for coming and thank you for being a fan

Michael Angarano
keep posting on the message board because i do read them!

KidActors
Cya soon Mike, thanks again!

Michael Angarano
and thanks so much Kris for making this happen!

Michael Angarano
ok everyone have a good christmas...happy holidays!

Michael Angarano
later all!

Click "Chat," in the menu bar, to return to the main chat menu.

webdesign by: Neeka 2006 

The Official Michael Angarano Website.

2000-2007, ActorsDomain.  All rights reserved.  Terms of Use / Privacy Statement.