Michael Angarano - The Official Website

Chat Transcript from August 24th, 2001

KidActors
Welcome to the Live Chat with Michael Angarano everyone! Now that Michael has arrived, you can start submitting your questions!

Michael Angarano
Hi everybody!

Michael Angarano
Thanks for stoppin in!

KidActors
And here comes the first question!

MattA
Hello Michael, I really like your work in "Almost Famous" and "Cover Me", It's an honor to chat with you, I have two quick questions. 1.) Once you take on a role, how do you prepare, aside from reading the script, what sort of research do you do? 2.) What usually draws you to accepting a role, is there one thing in a script that you look for?

Michael Angarano
Well I really just sit down after reading the script and think about the character. I talk with my parents about it as well. As far as what draws me to the role...the character has to have something different. Something I haven't done before.

J
Hi Michael, this is J from the message boards, anyway I have a bunch of questions I'd like to ask you. My first is would you consider going back to theatre like when you played Tiny Tim a couple years ago on broadway? I think you would be good for a play or musical.

Michael Angarano
If there ever happens to be a "slow down" in movies and television, then yes, I would definitely consider it! I've just been real busy with film and stuff.

wolvman
What was your favorite episode of "Cover Me" and why?

Michael Angarano
Thats a tough one! I don't really have a favorite. I loved doin it and I did the best I could in each and every one.

lilrev
what other goals or dreams do you plan to pursue in the future?

Michael Angarano
I plan to continue my film career, and take it to "the max" to the best of my ability! I would love to play some ball, football, baseball. Continue school and go to a great college.

David Gallagher_Girl 16
How was it working with David Gallagher "Secret Keepers"??

Michael Angarano
David's great. We became good friends. He was just a really cool, down to earth kinda guy!

MarkL
Hi Michael, I want to know if you're watching the Little League World Series and who you think will win. Like I have to ask. Okay, a more challenging question: who's your second favorite team? :)

Michael Angarano
Sorry, I really haven't gotten the chance to watch it...

Alex
Michael, who or what inspired you to become an actor?

Michael Angarano
At first when it all started I didn't have a focus on one person. As I went on, I guess I would have to say James Dean and Al Pacino.

Michael Angarano
James Dean is especially inspiring to me.

Mrs Beasley
Are there any old classic movies you would love to do a remake?

Michael Angarano
Oh yeah! Rebel without a Cause, The Godfather I, II, Rudy, so many more. Whenever I watch a movie, I imagine how I would do that character!

Mandy
Hi Michael, would you like to do something else related to the film industry other than acting? (like directing)

Michael Angarano
Definitely. Once I have enough experience in acting, I would love to write and direct.

Michael Angarano
Please excuse my spelling! I am going fast!

german shepard
what's it like to work on will and grace?

Michael Angarano
I love it! The cast is unbelievable. The director is great. It's just a great group of people to be around. Doing the show itself is just....WOW!

Ian
Hi from Australia Michael. Is there any particular kind of role you'd really like to take on? and any kinds of roles you wouldn't do?

Michael Angarano
I would be open to just about any role that was unique and exciting.

Michael Angarano
If a role happens to be over the edge with controversy or "too much" of any one thing, I would have to think about it.

Smokemon
Hi Michael. I have a little question for you if you don't mind. Who is your favorite director of all time?

Michael Angarano
Another hard one! I have been fortunate to work with some of the greatest directors, Cameron Crowe, Wes Craven, Jimmy Burrows. There all my favorite! Because to direct you need a certain amount of creativity that doesn't come easy to the majority of people.

Mizo Eita
Hi there Michael- I've learnt that you were tought how to play the violin especially for "Music of the heart"- I am wondering if you still play it now that the movie is over?

Michael Angarano
Yeah I did learn the violin. I pick it up every now and then and play. I also play the guitar.

Michael Angarano
Or i try to lol

MarkL
Did you like working with Shaun Cassidy on Cover Me? As a former young actor, did he give you any good advice about your career?

Michael Angarano
Working with Shaun was great. As far as advice, he was just always very encouraging. Always there for me.

german shepard
are you friends with any of the other kids on kidactors?

Michael Angarano
Yes I have alot of friends. Trevor Morgan, David G., Mae W., and lots of others

Michael Angarano
hi aunt dee!

Deedee
hi my honey! Julie said hi too

Michael Angarano
"Stop it stupid head"......for you aunt dee!

killerbee
hey Michael congrats on all your success my question is when did you get started ? and do you have any one who inspired you?

Michael Angarano
I started modeling when I was about 5 years old. I was a Ford Model in NY. After doing lots of print, I got into commercials. I did about 100 commercials, and then tv and film. My parents encouraged me to follow it if I really loved it. And the rest....is history!

hotC_it
I have two questions: On average, how often do you surf the internet? and Have you seen all the websites that other people have made about you?

Michael Angarano
I go on alot to talk with friends from NY. I am really not sure if I have seen all the websites about me!!

butterfinger
is your family very supportive of your career?

Michael Angarano
Definitely....110%

wolvman
Can you share any fun things that have gone on behind the scenes of any of your projects? I've heard alot of actors play pranks on their costars...every been pranked or played any pranks?

Michael Angarano
We played so many pranks on Cover Me that I don't even know where to begin!!!!!!! On the message board, I will go into detail on this. One involved Haystacks in trailers!!!!!!!!!!

Michael Spicuzza
Michael,if your acting career didn't work out,what would you want to do when you grow up?

Michael Angarano
I would have to see what would come into play. At this point I am unsure. Sports is always an option.

cookster
If you were a parent, how would you feel about having yourself as a son?

Michael Angarano
I think I would be happy! I consider myself a good son!

killerbee
IS there any part of the business or being a celebrity that you wish wasnt part of the whole acting thing???

Michael Angarano
No, not one thing!

Sarah
Do you enjoy chatting with your fans online?

Michael Angarano
Yeah, its very cool!

Deedee
mikey, i bet you miss your wonderful family in new york, THEY MISS YOU TOO MUCH

Michael Angarano
Of course I always miss them!!!!! Especially my favorite Aunt Regina, Opps I mean my Aunt Dee and Uncle Mike!!!

Christina
Michael, do you regret the long hours that you have to put in to reherse and not spend time with your family?

Michael Angarano
No because my family is always with me!

MattA
Any movies this winter or fall that you are really looking forward to seeing?

Michael Angarano
I just saw the trailer for Lord of the Rings with Sean Hayes and that looks great.

Michael Angarano
I'll probably end up seeing all of them

Michael Angarano
I enjoy seeing all movies

Orie
Hi Michael. While shooting a film, do you get tutored or do you just go to school regularly?

Michael Angarano
Whenever working I am tutored on set. It wouldn't be possible to go to regular school during a shoot.

Mandy
What has been the hardest character you've had to portray?

Michael Angarano
Probably the role in Almost Famous. The reason is because It was portraying a real person (Cameron Crowe) as a boy and I had to hit that character right on the head. Cameron being the Director of the film knew exactly how he wanted it.

killerbee
When you grow up and have kids will you get them into the business?

Michael Angarano
If they want to and only if they want to.

wcor1465
Do your friends get jealous of you sometimes?

Michael Angarano
No, they are so use to it and they don;'t really care!

Michael Angarano
We're friends for life and it doesn't really matter.

Fluffy the Bunny
Is your role of Sean Hayes' son on Will & Grace any different from your other previous roles? (Or are you afraid of spoiling the next season by telling us?)

Michael Angarano
Can't really say! Tune in!

Fan1
Did "Almost Famous" have anything to do with you playing guitar?

Michael Angarano
Yes! I was inspired

Mandy
What other young actors would you like to work with?

Michael Angarano
Mae and I would love to work together, Haley, I actually love to work with all of them.

spudman
Did you enjoy working in Utah when making "Cover Me". What did you do in your spare time there while filming.

Michael Angarano
I found Utah to be b o r i n g!!!! Really didn't too much of anything when I wasn't filming.

Michael Angarano
Utah is really beautiful though.

Irvin Malcolm
If you were given a chance to star in your own TV series, what kind of TV series would it be and why? (a sitcom, a drama or a dramedy?)

Michael Angarano
I would say a dramedy, because I would have be able to put all my knowledge from past projects into it.

Mandy
Does anyone ever recognize you when you go out? Do fans stop you in the streets to ask you for autographs?

Michael Angarano
Once in a while

wcor1465
What part of acting do you like? What part don't you like?

Michael Angarano
I like all parts of acting. There isn't anyone thing I don't like

Irvin Malcolm
One of your favorite TV shows is "The Sopranos" (I love that how myself). Would you do a guest appearance there if given the chance?

Michael Angarano
Yes I would

Fan1
Do you happen to stakeboard or do any such extreme sports? And did you watch the X-games?

Michael Angarano
No I don't skateboard and I watched a little bit of the X-games.

Orie
when you first saw yourself in the big screen (movie theatre), how did you feel like?

Michael Angarano
I felt pretty good!

Michael Angarano
It was exciting

wolvman
Are you ever allowed input into your characters or allowed to have a line or scene changed because you feel the character wouldn't say or do a particular thing?

Michael Angarano
Yes, that happens at times and they always give me in put into the character.

Flash
What do you do in your spare time?

Michael Angarano
Regular stuff, internet, sega, sports, movies, friends, school work.

Fermat
Do you ever wish you could have a more "normal" life, and not one of an actor? Do you ever find that your career keeps you from doing things you would like to do?

Michael Angarano
Sometimes, but I am always working and that reminds me constantly of how much I love what I am doing and that I get to do lots of other cool things as well.

lilrev
Do any of the characters you play ever affect your life personally?

Michael Angarano
NO, never!

Michael Angarano
they are all only tv characters

cookster
Is your family more like "7th Heaven" or like "Malcolm in the Middle"?

Michael Angarano
Thats such a good question!

Michael Angarano
A combination! right in the middle!

Michael Angarano
Were close but pretty crazy too!

Michael Angarano
Our house is always hoppin! with 4 kids and active parents!

KidActors
Hey everyone! We've come to the close of our chat with Michael for this time. I speak on behalf of everyone here, Michael, thanks for coming to talk! You're awesome! Be sure to watch Michael's site for future events!

Michael Angarano
Hey thanks Kris and Brian for makin in happen and special thanks to all my fans. Your all my inspiration to be the best I always can! peace out!

Michael Angarano
See ya next time!

Michael Angarano
peace

KidActors
We hope everyone had fun tonight! You can also visit Michael's message board where he reads and replies to messages often!

Click "Chat," in the menu bar, to return to the main chat menu.

webdesign by: Neeka 2006 

The Official Michael Angarano Website.

2000-2007, ActorsDomain.  All rights reserved.  Terms of Use / Privacy Statement.